Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Nth Head 10k PB - 37:31

Mon: Rest
Tue: 12k easy @ 4:41 - shelley beach
Wed: 10k including 5k at threshold i.e. 3:53
Thu: 19k medium long run up to North Head @ 5:02
Fri: Rest
Sat: Striders 10k at North Head - 37:31
Sun: 32k long run @ 4:49 - last 5k done at close to marathon pace i.e. 4:14

Total 85k @ average pace of 4:38

Good week of training, getting all the key sessions in. Wednesday's threshold run was good as the pace is getting faster and still feels reletavitley comfortably hard. Very happy with the PB and can't really believe that I am now a mid 37 runner. Was aiming for a PB (37:53), but with the hillier course of Nth Head, I was not confident. I aimed to maintain 3:45 min k's for as long as I could and got off to a good start being 10 secs in front of pace at the turnaround (3k). From here on, I couldn't get the splits to be below 3:45, although they weren't far away. I gave everything on the last k which is slighlty downhill. The legs and arms seemed to be going every direction and I was surprised to do a 3:31 last km for a 37:31.

Felt very lethargic on sunday's long run which was the STaR starting at Drummoyne. There were apx 15 of us in the 6:20 group travelling at a pretty good pace including Flakey and Johnbo. I ended up by myself with 7-8k to go and decided to see what marathin pace felt like on tired legs - answer was not too bad, so pretty happy.

A few more good weeks like that will see me in good shape come Gold Coast.

1 comment:

miners said...

damn - you're still setting stupid-fast PBs while also completing long runs of 30km+!!