Thursday, August 23, 2007

Sportstracks is cool...

Just been playing around with Sportstracks and realised that there is a lot of good functions that can be played around with. Weekly/Monthly reports etc. Will have to capture more data in the future.

One thing that I thought was interesting was looking at the "pace" function when looking at the 60k run on the weekend. i am not sure how it works but it tells me the following:

Of the 60k, I:

Ran 36k at average pace of 5:23 (total time 3:24)
Jogged 21k at average pace of 7:05 (total time 2:27)
Walked 3k at average pace of 10:52 (total time (0:31)
Stopped for distance of 551m for 15mins.

Can't say that I am happy that Sportstracks says I was "jogging" for 2 and a half hours - hey, I was running!

The interesting thing is that you can click on the different categories and it highlights what part of the run it occurred. For instance, I did alot of running in the first 75% of the run and didn't run past the 54k mark - must have been jogging.

I am not explaining it very well, but sportstracks users may understand.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey that's quite cool. I am a user of this software myself but did not know about this function! Will have to try it out! Thanks!

miners said...

verrry cool. I still haven't made the switch from motion based (plus I still have the clunky 201 anyway), so I didn't realise you could look at those type of stats.

you don't want to buy me a 205 by any chance?