Sunday, July 15, 2007

No running for 6 days (and counting)

I seem to have turned the corner and the antibiotics have finally kicked in. I am still weak and my return to running is a few days away at least. I want to be completely over this thing on marathon day, so I am not pushing the comeback at all. I have come to the realisation that I will have lost some conditioning (obviously), but will still be in good shape in my lungs clear up for the race.

I notice Superflake has recently been sick and ran a good 10k a week later. Not exactly a marathon, but it gives me hope.

2 comments:

Spud said...

No point in getting back into it until you've kicked the chesty stuff Chris. You'll most likely benefit from the rest anyhow. All the best for Cities.

Anonymous said...

You have a great base there Chris, I am sure things will go ok, just imagine how fresh the legs are going to be!