Monday, July 24, 2006

Training is on track...


Well yesterday I deceided to sleep in and give Sutherland to Surf a miss. Although I was keen to run this race, as I have never run it before, I was tired and Sutherland is just too far to go if you aren't pumped.

The sleep in was nice and it gave me a chance to get out for a longer run in the afternoon. It was a bit hard to get out of the house, but once I was going it was really enjoyable. I went through Manly dam, seaforth and down to Manly. Bumped into Richard and Hamish from work and ran with them to Dee Why. Left them and made my way up Beacon Hill hill before turning down Allambie rd and home. All up 30k in 2hr 50, avg pace: 5:40min/k and avg HR: 156, which was quite good as it was hilly.

This was the 4th 30k run in the last 6 weeks, so I am on track to run 7-8 30k runs before Sydney. I am really happy with the pace and HR of some of these runs e.g. Western wanderer STAR run last week was 31.8k @ 5:21k/min HR: 152 i.e. cruisy.

Last week indicated that the training was very much on track with a huge 40 sec, 24:10 PB at Corpoate Cup and I also ran 14k the day after @ 4:57 pace with HR avg 158, so my easy runs are getting quite quick as well which is really pleasing.

Just deceiding if I will run Cities next weekend as an easy training run. Probably shouldn't as it will put the training out for a week or two but it might be a bit of fun!

No comments: